The hemp plant has been utilized for a range of natural purposes for thousands of years. Its sustainable fibers are well-suited for use in organic rope, paper, and durable, burlap-like textiles used for sacks, clothing and shoes. Hemp seeds are an edible source of protein and hemp oil can be used for cooking or as an eco-friendly component in soap, paint and varnish.
In addition to the hemp plant’s widespread household and industrial uses, hemp-based CBD (cannabidiol) extract can support an individual’s physical health and wellness. Hemp-derived CBD oil does not contain tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the ingredient found in marijuana that produces a high. CBD products are legal to use in all 50 states as long as the products contain 0.3% THC or less.
CBD oil is widely used throughout the United States for numerous reasons.
- One in three Americans uses CBD oil
- 64% of Americans who incorporate CBD in their wellness regimen use it to relieve pain and inflammation, including chronic neuropathic pain associated with diabetes
- CBD oil has been shown to improve anxiety-related disorders
- CBD is being studied as a potential treatment for medical conditions that include diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- CBD is available in several easy-to-use products. It can be eaten as gummies, prepared in tea, or applied topically as a lotion or balm
There are many reasons to add CBD to your exercise and workout routines. For example:
- CBD can improve muscle recovery and address soreness by supporting a healthy inflammatory response
- CBD supports GABA levels in the brain to slow hyperactivity and improve sleep
- CBD may help with concentration, sharpening mental focus through its unique interaction with dopamine receptors
- CBD supports the endocannabinoid system, which maintains metabolism and helps people feel energized
- CBD is available in gummies, capsules, lotions and lip balms that pack easily in a gym bag
New wellness benefits are being found for CBD oil every day, including pain relief when added to a daily exercise plan. Read the accompanying resource to learn more.
AUTHOR BIO: Nicklas Brandrup is a co-founder at Neurogan. Brandrup is a serial entrepreneur with a proven track record in the health and wellness space. He is passionate about climate, animal sanctuaries, and enjoys supporting his local community of aspiring entrepreneurs. Through educational content and knowledge-sharing, he hopes to teach people about the growing impact of natural remedies.