Hemp seed and flaxseed are known for their high doses of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein. The two are packed with natural goodness and are very popular in most kitchen cupboards all over the world. We are going to take a look at flaxseed oil vs hemp oil through a broad spectrum and come up with the better of the two.
Understanding the components that make up flaxseed oil vs hemp oil
What is flaxseed oil? What is hemp oil? A clear understanding of the definition of the two will set the records straight.
Flaxseed oil comes from the flax plant. Flax was used in the manufacture of textiles from the beginning. The seed was discovered to be useful in the production of oil. This discovery led to the emergence of flaxseed oil as a useful component in the anatomy of the body.
The hemp seed oil is extracted from the hemp heart. It has about 85% polyunsaturated fatty acids and is regarded as one of the healthiest oils in the world. The change in the laws that govern the growing of hemp seeds has increased the popularity of this oil.
The differences between the flaxseed oil vs hemp oil
Now that you’ve learned the definitions of the oils, let’s get into the specifics of what you’ll get from them.
- It contains a higher level of Omega-3 when placed side by side with hemp oil.
- The balanced ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is not present in flaxseed oil.
- Omega-3 in flaxseed oil is practically ALA without any trace of SDA.
- Flaxseed is too fragile. It needs to be refrigerated before it is used in cooking.
SDA is the more potent form of omega-3 that is absent in flaxseed. The fragile nature of it is another minus.
Hemp seed oil
- Hemp seed oil is naturally rich in omega-3 as well as the more potent SDA.
- It has the lowest amount of saturated fat and the highest amount of polyunsaturated fat.
- This oil contains omega-6 GLA that promotes healthy growth of skin, hair, and nails.
- It has a balance of omega-6 to omega-3. This is required to guarantee abundant health.
So, if we are to consider flaxseed oil vs hemp oil, the better of the two is very obvious.
Q: What is the amount of protein in flaxseed and hemp oil?
A: The hemp oil has double the amount of protein that is contained in flaxseed oil. There are 5.7g in three spoonfuls of flaxseed while you will get 10g in the same quantity of hemp oil.
Q: Where can I get more fiber between hemp oil and flaxseed oil?
A: If your goal is to get more fiber, the best option among the two is flaxseed. You will need the ground flaxseed powder to support digestion and to get filled for a long time.
Q: Can I combine the two in my diet?
Yes. Both of them have their high points. Combining the benefits of the two into a single diet is never a bad idea. You can consult a dietician for better aggregate results when you combine the two in your diet.
We have opened up on the topic: Flaxseed oil vs hemp oil. No stone was left unturned. We started with the definition of terms and an analysis of the benefits that each of them brings to the body. The best among the two on account of its natural benefits is hemp oil.